Welcome to TACONS!
Please come join in on the fish chat.

hello

View previous topic View next topic Go down

hello

Post by Ghost on Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:31 pm

hello everyone, I joined the forum a while ago but have just been lurking around to read the posts and learn some new stuff and thought I might as well introduce myself.

my name is Dave I'm from Bridgewater and started back into aquariums two years ago. I started with one 30 gallon tank and got consumed by the hobby, soon I had 4 tanks running and I wanted more. my wife said no more so I convinced her that I would get rid of some tank if I could get a bigger one. I ended up getting a 130 gallon tank off kijiji and packed all my other tanks away, I've since reset up my original 30 gal tank as a shrimp tank.

I have in my large tank 2 large Angels, 3 8"bala sharks, 6 Blue gourami fish, a 10" sailfin pleco, 10 sword tail platys, 6 Cherry Barbs and one lone survivor Balloon molly ( from the original 10 I bought two years ago). My tank is planted with a sand base so I'm trying to learn as much as I can about the plants to maintain them.

I joined East coast Aquarium Society last year as a way to meet new people who were into the hobby and to learn new things about the hobby, I found this site on an ad on Kijiji and figured I'd join to continue to learn.

I recently bought a 60 gallon tank that I plan on setting up soon but I have to find a way to sneak it into the living room without my wife noticing it :)
Ghost

Number of posts : 164

Back to top Go down

Re: hello

Post by Crystalwaters on Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:17 pm

Sounds like a cool set up. I'm a big angelfish fan and would love to see pics.
Does your wife want a tank of her own? Perhaps the 60 would make a wonderful gift and she can start shopping for her favorite fish :D
Good luck, hope you get the chance to upload pictures.

Crystalwaters

Number of posts : 2613

Back to top Go down

Post by fish lady on Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:54 am

Crystal is right let the wife have say in the 60 it works i did it with my hubby now have over 10 tanks running
so good luck with the 60 and your wife
fish lady

Number of posts : 2565

Back to top Go down

Post by teekathepony on Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:54 am

Hahaha I was going to say the same as CW, let your wife pick the fish, should buy you some favour!
The 130 you have sounds awesome, I'd love to see some pictures!
teekathepony

Number of posts : 2933

http://amateuraquatics.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kfitz99 on Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:58 pm

Why is it the spouses want to control our hobbies, are they afraid we won't bother them? I don't get it
Kfitz99
Mods
Mods

Number of posts : 489

Back to top Go down

Post by Allie on Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:07 pm

Kfitz99 wrote:Why is it the spouses want to control our hobbies, are they afraid we won't bother them? I don't get it
My spouse and I are in the hobby together. We had 16 tanks up and running at one time. Someone needs some self control. :lol:

Welcome Ghost. :sunny: I am sure you'll find everyone here easy going and helpful. Enjoy the forum. fishy
Allie

Number of posts : 6392

http://www.maryjanevapes.ca/en/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pitluvs on Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:43 pm

I'm on the same page of standing alone with the tank hobby, and having a significant other that limits the tanks. Some people just don't get it. I think I'll try letting him pick the fish for a new tank! Welcome to the forum Ghost! Would love to see pictures as well.
Pitluvs

Number of posts : 952

Back to top Go down

Post by Kfitz99 on Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:30 pm

Pitluvs where have you been all my life. LOL
Kfitz99
Mods
Mods

Number of posts : 489

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost on Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:38 pm

picture quality is not the best but I am getting better

my first two tanks

my 130 gallon

"goober", 10 inch sailfin pleco

me, my wife and my daughter

my babies

Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Allie on Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:54 pm

Love the tanks....but OMG the kittens. :geek: Cats are my 1st love.
Hi everyone!
Allie

Number of posts : 6392

http://www.maryjanevapes.ca/en/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pitluvs on Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:59 pm

Kfitz99 wrote:Pitluvs where have you been all my life. LOL

lol best post ever

Pitluvs

Number of posts : 952

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost on Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:09 pm

JessiesFish wrote:Love the tanks....but OMG the kittens. :geek: Cats are my 1st love.
Hi everyone!

yeah I love my cats, when my angora died from mammary gland cancer I swore no more cats. but about six months later I heard about these two kittens that were 3 weeks old and their mother was hit and killed by a car when they were three days old. a local lady who works at the vet took them in and bottle feed them until we took them at 3 weeks old. we bottle fed them until they were 6 weeks then started them on solid food. they are 2 years old now and doing great.

their names are Shadow and stardust. but I usually call them by their daily actions, either demon and terror or flash and dash. cause they are usually destroying something or tearing through the house after one and another.

Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by betta lover22 on Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:20 pm

Bettabettabetta! :geek:

LOL about the cats!

Welcome to TACONS! :D
betta lover22

Number of posts : 2458

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystalwaters on Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:50 pm

Love the koi angel and like bl22, i'm a fan of your red betta.
The betta....does he have a tank of his own? (I wanted to try one in a community setting.) Red was a great choice!
Holy smokes, didn't realize until I saw the pic, but 6 blue gouramis in one tank?! I've had trouble keeping these gouramis together, looks like yours get along fine.
Thanks for sharing the photos!

Crystalwaters

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost on Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:03 pm

no problems with the blue gouramis together... yet... lol. the betta is in the same tank as the others. hes the enforcer of the law, when ever any one gets rough he shoots in and everyone runs.
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystalwaters on Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:06 pm

Thanks, that's great to hear about the betta. I'm setting up a new tank soon, he'll be last to go in if I decide to get one. LOL the law enforcer, I've seen clown loaches do that!

Crystalwaters

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghost on Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:09 pm

he was my daughters fish, she had him in his own tank but he just sat there all day doing nothing. I was told they preferred heated tanks to unheated so when we moved to the big tank I tossed him to see what would happen. he took off swimming like a flash. hes more active some days than the gouramis are
Ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by fish lady on Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:50 pm

tanks look great love the betta they are my first love
fish lady

Number of posts : 2565

Back to top Go down

Post by Kribby on Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:53 pm

Hello Ghost,
I am a bit late, but welcome to the forum just the same. It is always good to see new faces around here :D
Kribby

Number of posts : 2781

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy4bettas on Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:03 pm

Welcome to TACONS! We're glad to have you on board. I'm sure you'll find the folks here very friendly and helpful (I know I have!)

Like the others, love the betta. I bet he loves the space of a 130 gal tank! You and your wife look familiar to me, but I'm not sure from where. I'm bad with names, but rarely forget a face!

Anyway, welcome to the forum. We're a pretty friendly bunch so I'm sure you'll fit right in :)
crazy4bettas
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 3051

http://www.crazy4bettas.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Fry on Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:15 pm

Nice post Ghost. You will have to drop over again and check out my tanks and Mortimer ( my rescued oscar) again. He is doing much better and the HITH is healing up nicely. I agree with others on here, try and give one of the tanks to your wife she might just go for it LOL!!! but always be ready to bob and weave when she goes postal on you LOLOL!!!!! As others may have guessed Dave and I know each other very well and live in the same town.
Fry

Number of posts : 479

Back to top Go down

Post by teekathepony on Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:44 pm

Love those tanks, that big one looks great!
teekathepony

Number of posts : 2933

http://amateuraquatics.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum