Welcome to TACONS!
Please come join in on the fish chat.

Relative newbie...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Relative newbie...

Post by nurserachel on Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:18 am

Hello everyone,
My name is Rachel and I`m pretty new at fishkeeping, and I`m just trying to learn more to be a responsible fish mom. Actually, we got the tank (empty, at a yard sale) for our little fella, who`s 3, diaganosed with autism, as fish have always been one of the things he responds to and interacts with, so we set up our first tank (10g comm.) as a therapeutic avenue for him. Now my hubby and I are just not trying to become the idiot twits that kill their son`s therapeutic fish... :roll:

Any advice, help, or general encouragement that I recieve here will be appreciated.
Rachel
nurserachel

Number of posts : 117

Back to top Go down

Re: Relative newbie...

Post by fish'nfry on Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:33 am

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Glad to have you on board.

Feel free to ask any questions about fishkeeping here. We all started this hobby at one point and although most of us are still learning, we'll be glad to help as well.

What kind of fish do you have?

Again welcome to TACONS!! :cheers:
fish'nfry
Mods
Mods

Number of posts : 5217

http://www.accesswave.ca/~baccro/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kribby on Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:56 am

I am happy that you guys found and outlet for your little guy via fish. They can have a wonderful influence on people and I have always found them to be very calming myself.

All I can suggest off the bat is to make sure you keep up on the tank maintenance. That is the biggest concern in keeping fish alive and healthy. Other than that we would all be willing to give our best advice if you encountered any fishie emergencies or started having any trouble with them :D
Kribby

Number of posts : 2781

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder on Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:20 pm

Hello and Welcome to TACONS!!
Founder
Founder
Founder

Number of posts : 4244

http://www.nsaquariumclub.com

Back to top Go down